Sunday, October 11, 2009

Kyle Update

I heard from Kyle on Thursday and he asked that we stop sending mail for a while because his Squadron is moving locations and will have a new address soon. I'm attaching the message posted by his Squadron Commander to family and friends so you can see what he has to say (it does say mail will be forwarded but I'm going to wait until I get the new address just to make sure nothing gets lost in translation, like Kyle asked).

Hello from Ubaydi, Iraq! It has been a while since I've been able to get on Facebook and communicate with the Thunderbolt Fans. The Squadron successfully assumed the western Anbar mission from the Marines and has been doing a great job partnering with our Iraqi Security Force brothers and conducting Advise and Assist operations throughout Western Anbar Province.

We have just received a change of mission, however, and will move north to assume a new role working for MND-N and no longer for 1st BCT of the 82nd ABN Division and the Marines of MNF-W. Details of our new mission are not yet known, but rest assured, your Thunderbolt Paratroopers are ready to tackle anything that comes our way.

You can expect breaks in communication again as we hand our current mission off and conduct a move into a new operating environment. Your Thunderbolts are performing magnificently and representing the 82nd ABN DIV and US Army with pride and distinction. Thank you to all of the family and friends of the Thunderbolts who continue to shower us with packages, prayers and well wishes. We will inform you once we gain a new mailing address. In the mean time, the current address will work and upon our move, mail will be forwarded to it.
ALL THE WAY!!!
LTC Hooper"

The Squadron posted this of FOB Ubaydi where Kyle was living.

No comments:

Post a Comment