After about a week of hanging out at 4 cm and having contractions that weren't doing anything I had my 38 week appointment. My doctor was concerned that he wasn't growing enough in the belly so I had a growth scan ultrasound and sure enough he was tiny so they scheduled me to be induced that night. Kyle and I got to the hospital about 4:30 pm and closer to 7, after being admitted, on the monitor, with IV in, a doctor came in and said they might have to send me home because they had overbooked inductions. They hadn't started the potosin yet but since I was contracting about 5 minutes apart they agreed to wait until 7:30 to decide. Not long after that deadline his heart rate dropped too low and they agreed to keep me. He must have heard they were trying to kick us out because right after his heart rate dropped, I started having really strong contractions every minute and he wasn't playing around! In the 45 minutes it took them to get the epidural and for it to take effect I went from a 4 to an 8, they broke my water and left the room. I had to have Kyle call them right back in because I knew he was about here! Just like his big sister, he came really fast!! It was only about 20 minutes after they broke my water that he was hanging out in the warmer getting all checked out.
Right before we left for the hospitalKinsey was napping so she wasn't too excited about me forcing a "last family of 3" picture
Daddy held him first :)
So in love and so thankful for the epidural!!
Getting all checked out...
Born at 9:53 pm
5 pounds, 10 ounces
18.75 inchesJust hanging out before his bath...
I love this picture
So peaceful
Daddy talking to him before the bath
He looks a lot more filled out here than he is :)
Then the unhappiness begins but he really liked her washing his hair at the end!
All snuggled in the Mother-Baby room
Poor Kyle! These "beds" are tiny for most Dad's but Kyle had to improvise :)
First family of four shot the next morning
Kinsey checking him out...she would tap on the bed like it was a fish tank trying to het his attention haha!
Getting ready to hold baby brother!
She was so happy!!
After a week and a half of "false alarms" he decided to come the night before Papa left. (Which by the way is exactly what Kinsey did when Grammy visted...I'm sensing a pattern with my kids)
Chatting with Papa about her baby
He's so alert! I don't remember Kinsey being awake this much...
Soo tiny! Daddy burping him...
Getting all strapped in...
Finally ready to go home
Kinsey was super excited for all of us to go home!
Sleepy babies haha
Hanging out in his new swing, so far he loves it as much as Kinsey loved hers...
No comments:
Post a Comment